Guided visits to museums & exhibitions
The highlight of your Berlin visit can be a guided tour through contemporary art galleries in the Auguststraße and neighbourhood as well as a stroll through the collections of the Museum of contemporary art at Hamburger Bahnhof.
“All art has been contemporary”
says an installation in bright red letters made by Maurizio Nannucci above the entrance to the Old Museum.
In case you would like to see “contemporary” art of the past 3000 years, like the bust of Nefertiti, I offer several guided visits to contemplate the masterpieces of the Berlin museum collections.
- A visit of the Pergamon Museum with the Pergamon Altar and the Ischtar gate built by Nebuchadnezzar you will never forget.
- Unique pieces of the rich collection of Egypt art can be seen in the Old Museum (Nefertiti)
- The Jewish Museum was designed by the architect Daniel Libeskind. The combination of extraordinary architecture with an exhibition about the development of Jewish culture in Europe from medieval time until today made it to be the museum with the largest number of visitors after the Pergamon Museum.
The political development of the city is shown by several documentary exhibitions:
- The German Historical Museum, recently reopened
- The Allied Museum in Dahlem and the Museum in Karlshorst
- The Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie
- The documentation centre of the Berlin wall at Bernauer Straße
- The Stasi-Documentation at Mauerstraße and the Stasi-Prison in Hohenschönhausen
- The Documentation Centre Topographie of Terror at Niederkirchner Straße where SS and Gestapo had their headquarters
- The House of the Wannsee Conference
I would like to help you choose which places to see and of course discover all exhibitions with you if you bring enough time!
There are many more very interesting and beautiful collections in Berlin which I would like to show you:
- The Picture Gallery with paintings of Vermeer, Dürer, Cranach, Rogier van der Weyden, Rembrandt, Rembrandt, Rubens, Raffael, Tizian, Canaletto…
- The Old National Gallery with paintings of Caspar David Friedrich, Schinkel, French impressionists, Menzel and Liebermann…
- The Berggrün collection which shows Picasso and his time…
- The Berlinische Gallery presenting pieces of the 20th and 21st century from artists who worked in Berlin, especially expressionists, Dada, new realism and different groups in the Post-war period…
- The collection in the New National Gallery with art of the 21st century and changing exhibitions like “Melancholy and Romantics” in March 2006 …
Copyright © 2006 Berlin Visite